- To clear absences please call 559-248-7067 or email office staff at email@example.com
- Absences must be cleared through the office each day the student is not present at school
- Students need to be in class by 7:55 a.m. or they are considered tardy
- Students arriving tardy must report to the office for a tardy slip
- Early and/or late pick-ups are factored into your child’s attendance profile, along with tardies and absences (both excused and unexcused)
- Attendance notices are sent home on a regular basis. These notices are to inform families of their student’s attendance.
Daily attendance is extremely important at Dailey. The majority of the learning is through hands-on engagements that require peer and teacher collaboration and cannot always be made up with alternative assignments. In order to support attendance concerns, the following will occur:
|Step 1: 2 or more Tardies / Unexcused absences||Attendance notice sent to parents|
|Step 2: Continued Attendance concern||Phone conference / Meeting with school official|
|Step 3: Attendance has not improved||Student Attendance Review Conference with Administration|
|Step 4: Student will be released to home school||Student released at the end of the quarter|
For further information, please refer to the FICS Attendance Board Policy #5006 in your Parent-Student Handbook.
If your student has an appointment that takes place during the instructional day, please notify their teacher and office staff by email or note in advance. This allows for the teacher to have your child ready and with their backpacks and homework.
If you would like to excuse your child from school early you must sign the student out in the office. The student will be called from class and released to the parent in the office.
Habitual early check-outs are monitored closely as this impacts students instructional time and is part of their attendance record.
Parents are not allowed to go directly to their child’s class, as this disrupts classroom instruction and violates the school’s safety plan.
Independent Study is an option for any student who will be absent for a period of a minimum of
three (3) to a maximum of fourteen (14) school days. A student may not participate in short-term
independent study pursuant to this policy for more than fourteen (14) cumulative school days in
a school year. Further absences will be addressed in accordance with the Charter School’s
attendance policy and may be considered unexcused and/or lead to truancy prevention measures,
depending on the nature of the absence.
- Teachers and Office Staff must be given at least five school days of notice.
- An Independent Study contract will need to be filled at and given to the school’s office manager.
- The contract must be signed by the student, parents, teacher, and administrator
- All contracted assignments are due upon the student’s return to school
- Uncompleted assignments will not receive academic credit and can impact student’s grades. The absences are then considered unexcused absences and will be reflected in the student’s attendance profile
For further information, please refer to the FICS Independent Study Board Policy #5013